A POEM
I write. Even when the world watches in silence.
Day and night I write.
If I do not write,
I lose myself.
To me, every idea is a story
waiting for breath.
I know where I come from—
a place where applause is never given
for rising.
It only arrives
when I stumble,
when I fall,
when my knees meet the ground.
That is when I hear screams of joy
and laughter dressed as celebration.
Yes, my online streams are full.
They call themselves my friends—
people I know.
But when I post truth,
they pass in silence.
No like.
No word.
No sign.
Confusion strikes my mind:
If you do not like what I share,
why did you follow me in the first place?
Then I understood—
they are not followers,
they are watchers.
They wait for my fall,
forgetting that my tears
do not dry in passing winds.
When I cry,
the rain cries with me.
And to the God I bow to,
my tears return as thunder.
I will never become
a mockery fueled by hate.
Only death has the patience
to humble every man—
for it consumes us all
the way rust consumes iron.
© THEMBA T. TWALA III
I write. Even when the world watches in silence.

!doctype>
0 Comments