I walked into lights that promised heaven,
screens blinking like they knew my name.
They said one more try,
they said this time you rise,
they said luck is learning your pain.
I fed them coins, then notes, then months,
then dreams I should have fed my soul.
Each win was a whisper,
each loss was a shout,
and hope became the price they stole.
They dressed the trap in fancy words—
system, strategy, game.
But no machine was built by mercy,
and no rich house forgets its aim.
They call it Aviator, Betway, gold,
they call it chance, they call it skill.
But watch how courage turns to hunger,
watch how hunger bends your will.
At two times hope is sweet and small,
at thirty times it feels like flight.
But raise the bet, raise the dream,
and darkness swallows all your light.
No game was born to feed the poor.
No button prints a future free.
If wealth were waiting in a screen,
the world would rest in luxury.
So hear me now, not with fear,
but with love that learned through loss:
Freedom is richer than a sudden win,
peace costs less than what you’ve lost.
Step away. Breathe. Choose yourself.
Your life is worth more than a spin.
The real victory is waking up
and never playing again.
🎤 SPOKEN-WORD PERFORMANCE POEM
(Read slow. Pause where the silence bites.)
Listen—
this is not anger talking,
this is experience clearing its throat.
I’ve been inside the machine.
I shook its hand.
I learned its language.
I played by its rules.
And I’m still broke.
They don’t call it theft—
they call it hope.
They don’t rob you with guns—
they rob you with almost.
Almost winning.
Almost rich.
Almost flying.
That plane they show you?
It never takes the poor with it.
It just lets you feel the wind
before it drops you.
They say,
“Just one more voucher.”
“Just increase the bet.”
“Next round is yours.”
And you believe—
not because you’re stupid,
but because you’re human.
At R2 they let you smile.
At R20 they erase you.
At salary level,
they don’t even blink.
This thing is not a game.
It’s a leash dressed like freedom.
A drug with bright colours.
A system that eats time, money, sleep—
then asks for more.
Tell me—
who builds a machine
so the whole world can win for free?
Nobody.
Because the house is not a charity.
It is a mouth.
And it is always hungry.
So this is me saying—
step back.
Breathe.
Choose your life.
Your peace is richer than any jackpot.
Your future is worth more than a spin.
The real win
is walking away
with your soul still yours.
— Themba T Twala III

!doctype>
0 Comments